New home construction has been a signature product for us since our humble beginning in 1979. Exceptional attention to detail and craftsmanship, along with a strong emphasis on customer involvement are the bedrocks on which this company has been built.
In past years we have built 1,000 square foot starter homes, 10,000 square foot show places, and everything in between. In all cases, a great deal of effort was put forth to make sure that our customers’ hard-earned dollars were well-spent. We have always taken the approach that we are building a custom home for our customer, and not for ourselves, and thereby allow our customers to make as many decisions as they feel comfortable making. (This includes – doors, windows, cabinets, flooring, fixtures, etc.) We feel that this best fits the desires of the customer in designing the house of their dreams.
Over the past thirty years we have become quite skilled at managing the complexity of the 5,000 square foot luxury home, and we use the same set of skills to manage the many homes that we have built in the more common 1,500 to 3,000 square foot range. Years later, with hundreds of homes constructed all over Southern Illinois, our emphasis has remained unchanged – Build beautiful, strong structures that our clients will call “home” and will make us all proud.
What you can expect from E.A. Knight Construction
- Plan preparation service and lot suitability inspection.
- Highly detailed scope of work, proposals, and contracts that make it easy to see what is included (and what, if anything, is NOT) that you and your banker will appreciate and will ease your mind.
- Guidance and in-depth discussion regarding your needs and wants.
- Energy-efficient and “green” techniques, materials and mechanicals. We build according to national energy efficiency guidelines (unlike most of our competitors).
- We utilize wind-resistant and seismic-resistant techniques as standard construction.
- We utilize “Lead carpenter project management” system for stream-lined decision making and continuity from construction start to finish.
- Tap in to the expertise of our vast network of vendors and service-providers.
- 10 year structural warranty through a 3rd party insurance provider.
- Illinois Quality Assurance Program Compliance.
- Award-winning construction.
- Construction that doesn’t cut corners.
- LOTS OF HELP! There are many decisions to be made and we will guide you through every one of them along the way.
- Our GOAL is always to partner with (not combat) our customers to channel all efforts toward creating the perfectly suited home.
- IT IS YOUR HOUSE…So, we will build it the way you want it.
Contact us and we will discuss your ideas and questions.